Govt. of India National Awards for Teachers / Principals of Schools affiliated to The Council
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, gives Six National Awards to the Teachers/Principals of schools affiliated to the Council.
(a) GENERAL CATEGORY
Five Awards are given in this category.
Teachers / Heads meeting the following broad criteria may apply:
- Qualified and trained.
- Minimum teaching experience of 15 years for Teachers and 20 years for Heads in schools affiliated to the Council.
- Contributed significantly to co-curricular activities/games/sports.
- Command respect among students and colleagues.
- Held in high esteem by the community, particularly the parents.
(b) SPECIAL CATEGORY
One Award is given to the following category of teachers:
- Teachers with disabilities working in regular schools.
- Special teachers or trained general teachers who may have done outstanding work for Inclusive Education.
The eligibility for the above Special Category is 10 years classroom experience for teachers and 15 years for Headmasters/Principals. The other eligibility conditions remain the same as mentioned in the Awards booklet.
Application forms are available from the office of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.